Friday, March 16, 2012

New yarn and more mystery (and increasingly steampunkish) project


Yesterday was extremely rainy, so very little farming got done.

Instead, I spun a bit of yarn. This is creamy Corriedale I spun thick and thin, plyed with a very fine merino, 2ply yarn by Habu.


I'm really please with how it turned out. The muted orange contrasts the cream of the Corriedale beautifully. I'll put the yarn for sale in my shop just as soon as I can get some better photos of it.

In other news, the mystery project continues. I acquired this device that reads volts, amps and other electrical related things. Only thing is, I don't know how to read the dial.

Um... please help. I need to figure this out before I move on to the next step of my mystery project.



1 comment:

Josiane said...

This yarn almost looks like a cross between a fluffy cloud and a candy cane! Yum! I guess it doesn't give off this impression in real life, but my monitor (and my candy cane deprived brain?) seems to interpret the muted orange ply as red...