Monday, June 18, 2012

Just a little bit of creation

So, here's some more photos of the current mystery project.



I got some free things from a yardsale, brought them home, took them apart and then combined the components in new and unusual ways until I arrived at a satisfactory arrangement.


Things are coming together at a slow and steady pace.



In other news, goggles are not that easy to make, steampunk or otherwise.

The idea is good, and the fit, but I think I chose the wrong materials.  Buy the time I'm finished, the whole is too small to see through.  Might be fine for hanging around you neck as a fashion statement, but I'm hoping for something a bit more practical.







I actually got a few stages further than theses photos show, creating and installing a gasket from an old leather coat.  But what I really need to make the goggles of my dream is some 1.5 inch brass plumbing couplink.  I think this town must be crowed with steampunkishly minded people, because there isn't a shop in town that carries it.  Ah well.

No comments: