Monday, February 24, 2014

Snow day



Snow's been coming down for about two days now.  It's so beautiful to have proper winter weather.  I sit and spin and enjoy the view.  However, the driveway should get shoveled, I suppose.

Actually, I did start shoveling the driveway.  It's one of my favourite parts of snow.  Making big piles of snow next to the driveway so that they last long after the rest of the white stuff has gone away.  I did start the driveway and made some paths for the chickens to walk through (the snow is higher than chickens right now).  But it's wet heavy snow, and I'm not feeling Dr Brooks today.  Besides, once I finished digging pathways, the snow had filled them in again.  ah well, that's the price of a proper winter.

Still coming down heavy, actually a lot heavier than a few moments ago when I took the photo.  Branches are breaking under the weight of the snow.  Going to go get ready incase one of them falls on the power line and leaves us in the dark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a good day for a small snow man! I made quickly 10 inches tall man, small sticks were eyes. When it rised his hands and shouthed "Yippiee!", I was happy. It is amazing how it was so fun!

In Finland we have few + Celsius degrees, snow is smelting and this winter was shorter than ever. But it is only because we have got more winds from south. I hope snowless soil is warming up also earlier this year! I have some seeds.

Jani

Snow Machines for Sale said...

I am really impressed with the attitude expressed on this site for being simple, open, honest, caring, hardworking and sincere, qualities that go together in a business activity that you rely on to maintain strong communication lines with your customers.