Thursday, July 07, 2005

Swatch knitting time

It is hard to know what to call one’s blog. Soren Kierkegaard said, “Being trampled to death by geese is a slow way of dying, and letting oneself be torn and worn to death by envy is also a long-drawn-out process” (1847). Trampled by Geese is a way of reminding myself to live my life to the best of my ability, and to be kind to others, not only in action, but in thought as well.

The foremost focus of my blog is the twofold: Philosophy and Knitting. Both of which I am passionate about. I am a philosophy major, currently studying for my undergraduate degree. My knitting obsession started as a way of relieving the stress of being a student. Now I knit because I love it.

My current project at the moment is Shapely Tank Top by Joan McGowan-Michael from White Lies Designs. I once turned a heal on a sock, but I didn’t really understand what I was doing. This pattern uses short rows to prove a more shapely cloth. I ordered some organic cotton from elann.com which arrived yesterday. Now, it’s swatch knitting time.

No comments: