Sunday, July 24, 2005

Wine is a beautiful thing


It took three goblets (scratch that, a bottle) of red wine and an hour of being really angry at the television to frogg my shapely tank top. I’m angry at the television because of Guns Germs and Steal. It might have been the wine that made me angry, or perhaps, the fact that this man claims ideas as his own that have been around for decades. There are plenty of people who have put together these ideas in these contexts before him, but no credit is given. Take Marvin Harris’s books, which state the same things but gives credit to the sources. Yes, I understand that television leaves little time for citing sources, but the book it is based on had better have citation in it when I dig it out of the closet to read it or else it is getting thrown across the room several times.

Right, back to the wine and re-knitting. Has anyone heard that Fraggle Rock knitting song yet? I found it somewhere a while ago, but I can’t remember where.

No comments: