Friday, September 16, 2005

Only Read Descartes in Bed


I recently discovered that there is a self directed studies class that matches my passion perfectly, but the problem is, these are often only offered once a decade. It is studying Kierkegaard with a Proff that I absolutely adore. To take this new and exciting class I have to drop one of his other classes, yet I’ve already offered to do the presentation for next Wednesday. So, he says, do both this next week and the grade will be taken into account for the Kierk. class. Sounds great to me because the presentation is on phantasia (imagination) which will do me in good standing to get a good grip on. Basically, the result is a huge amount of work this week.

There are other knitters in the philosophy student library. I went there to study between classes, but got stressed out at Plato, so I took out my knitting. A person on the far side of the room jumped up with glee and flew over to my side of the room to show me these fantastic socks she is making. We sat there knitting for an hour. It was great. I was happy. There is talk of a philosophy knitting group. That makes me very happy.

You want to know something else that makes me happy? I got good news from Jenshine last night.

I’m off to read and knit.

The pictures are from London, UK.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Hi. I just wanted to tell you about this cool message board for knitters to get together and share patterns, knitting secrets and make friendships. See you there.
http://tightknitfriends.aimoo.com

• B E N B E N E K • said...

Just wanted to announce the 4th anniversary of Hand Knits for Young Moderns- it's a collection of vintage knitting (pattern book) scans - lots of fun! - thank you!

Momo said...

Hey E'Bert! Knitting groups are so much fun. I hope that one materializes in your department.

I don't know about you, but I get some of my best thinking done when knitting. It's rather like meditiation for me (when it's not something like Eris, that it).

It's great that you got your collar done. Are you going to post pictures. I would love to see it.

Cheers,

Miriam

BTW, nice lion dance picture.