Wednesday, October 12, 2005

More about the very weird dream


I forgot to mention, the man/person in my dream also told me to cover my beans and beat with glass or they will never come to fruition. It’s a good idea considering the weather is turning coldish.

I took some time out yesterday, for the first time this term I might add, to watch Law and Order and also some Lexx while I knit eris. But then I realized that on top of my three exams and two papers, I might have an essay due next Sunday (email submission) on Kierkegaard’s Works of Love. Now I’m a slow reader. In one day, I read 39 pages (it’s dense going and I have all these other texts to read, give me a break) out of 378 pages. So if we did the math, factor in the fact that I have to read and include In Vino Veritas among other related works of my choosing, I reach the conclusion that there is no physically possibility that I will have this essay done in time. SHIT!

I’m starting to feel a little ploughed.

I know the pressure is my own. I know that it is not serious stuff and that nobody is going to live or die depending on which word I yank out of the thesaurus. I do enjoy this pressure, but at times like this it feels too much. My heart quickens, my chest tightens, adrenaline wonders around my system looking for some immediate threat. It’s exhausting. And what do I do about it? I write a blog. I waist time. I wait.

No comments: