Sunday, October 09, 2005

OK, Very Weird Dream:

Perhaps it comes from reading all this “religious philosophy” (both Kierkegaard and medieval Arabic philosophy, not to mention good old stinking Descartes) this term, but I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamt a normal sized man, so large that his face was indistinguishable or perhaps, unintelligible. Either way, his Form was hidden from my senses; I knew he was there, but all I could discern of him was his words. Even so, his words were not English, but I understood their content if not their meaning. This man told me I must read the Ibn Rushd text next, it’s important. When he left, Ibn Rushd came next, and said to me, “did you see that? It was Muhammad.”

Now that is one weird dream.

Going back to Kierkegaard, there was a comment asking for clarification on divine love. I haven’t begun the text yet, so I’m uncertain to which kind it is referring. This is not something I have any experience with. But, trust me, I will let you know more about it when I do.

2 comments:

JustApril said...

That IS a weird dream. I'm sure it is all the stuff you've been reading. I read lately that dreams have something to with sorting and filing memories and thoughts from the last few days. I suppose when you are doing lots of reading unfamiliar, and confusing things, it can get pretty bizarre! =)

EmmA...er...Pamela said...

hey, i had a dream recently that i was trying to tell katie holmes that marrying a scientologist was a bad idea even if he was rich... hahaa... but i guess that's not as deep.