Thursday, November 10, 2005

Trampled by Geese: pipe dreams in the rain

I was just wondering if I could blog my own blog.

Trampled by Geese: pipe dreams in the rain

oh look, I can.


I am writing a paper on the Turing Test. It's very interesting, and I can easily fill up the required 6 pages, but I don't have my own point of view - my own theme statement if you will. I don't know why she is requiring us to have our own opinions; it's second year philosophy, we aren't suppose to have our own opinions. In fact, I know at least one proff that won't let us write papers for his class until at least the fourth year, and even then...well, let's just say, in philosophy, one gets to express their own opinion after graduate studies begin. This is just one of many inconsistencies in this proff. I very much wish it wasn't a required class.

1 comment:

JustApril said...

You do have an opinion, you said yourself, "It's very interesting." You may be undecided as to pro's and con's - but that's ok because sometimes not making a choice can be just as strong of a stand as choosing the lesser of two evils.

I don't know anything about the Turing Test, tho, so if none of the above makes any sense, that'd be why =D