Saturday, January 28, 2006

So how are things going these days?


To start with, someone very dear to me, Jenshine, is currently traveling down island to come and stay with me before she moves to the UK for a very long time. I’ll have to buy some international stamps; there is nothing quite as sophisticated as communicating with an absent friend by letter. I have a feeling I am going to cry, a lot!

Knitting wise I haven’t had much time to work on my projects lately. My WIP include a tiger, a handbag and the Eris sweater. The sweater has had the most attention, being winter it is slightly chilly in the evenings, so the lovely wool sweater can keep me warm while I work on it. There is not much left to do. I’m halfway finished one sleeve, leaving one left to do.

Philosophy is still as fun as ever. German is hard though. I managed to achieve 11% on my last exam. That’s really sad. Anthropology of Globalization is becoming rather interesting. The Proff is from Denmark and his teaching style is very similar to my advance philosophy classes. I have this great idea for the essay I have to write, only, I need a larger word count. About four times the recommended one should do it.

Speaking about words and writing: if things keep going the way they are, I think I’ll start writing for the school paper. An etiquette column will do it. But that’s for another day. The world is full of rude people, and when the head of your department is wearing strong cologne in a small seminar room during class, and you can tell that you are one of 5 people who are allergic (or just caught a head cold the moment he came in the room), well, it makes it very hard to concentrate on Jerry Fodor’s objections to reductionism in the philosophy of mind and other sciences.

The pictures today come from the 99 Names of Allah. Check out the sight, it has some of the most amazing artwork, each one representing one of the 99 beautiful names of God.

No comments: