Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Knitting Meme 2006

List your finished objects, or just list your favorite FO. Armwarmers and a palm cozy are among my favorite FO's, though, I do have a sweater, a hat, several scarves and bags. Also there is an Elephant Tea Cozy that was lots of fun to design.

List your works in progress.
At the moment I am working on yet another bag and the Elann sweater from Girl from Auntie.

What skeletons are in your knitting basket?
There is a knitted tiger that was intended as a Christmas present. It's really cute, but the patter is difficult to follow and there are no pictures.


What’s your favorite project?
I like projects where I can learn new skills or perfect old ones. That normally means anything I end up designing myself.


What project(s) will you never knit again?
striped knee length socks! They took so much work and I realize now that I will never where them. ops.


What was your major knitting accomplishment for the last year?
Making a sweater. It's such a large project but I finished it. Now I am on my second one.


What’s your favorite yarn from the last year?
I can't remember the name, but it is mostly alpaca with about 20% silk made in Peru and sold by elann.com. It is affordable and becomes softer every time it is washed with no pilling. happy happy yarn!


What’s your favorite yarn overall?
I think Peruvian Highland Wool (or a variation of it) from Elann.com would have to be my favorite, simply because it is so versatile.


What new knitting techniques have you learned?
Short row shaping, cables, and several new ways to cast on. I have also learnt that anyone can design their own pattern, you don't have to be a professional knitter to create something new and unique.


What are your knitting goals for 2006?
I'll start by finishing my Eris sweater, then who knows, the sky is the limit!



I found this meme at http://www.guzzlingcakes.com/2006/01/06/end-of-the-year-knitting-meme/ . The answers are my own but the questions come from that link.

No comments: