Saturday, February 25, 2006

Simply Lovely Lace Socks (designer: Karen Baumer)

I received the latest copy of Interweave Knits in the post a few days ago, and have dedicated most of my essay writing time to reading this lovely magazine. (I am starting to realize that I am going to have to put some knitting into my essay if I am ever going to get it finished.) Now I just love this magazine, and you can blame it on my obsessive personality type, but when I get this thing in the post, I spend days looking at it. I carry it around with me. I read it many times in many different ways. The first time I have it my hands, I don't open it. It's like Christmas morning, I want to saver the surprise. Then I'll flip through and look at the patterns, or more particularly the large pictures. After that I'll read the text, all of it, from front cover through to back. And then, after that, I go through again from start to stern reading the advertising. I love to see what sort of companies feel that this is where they want to spend their advertising dollars and who the magazine wants to have in their pages. I love it all, especially during this, the essay time of year.


Most of the patterns I wouldn't knit, they are just not my style. But I do love looking at the techniques the designers use. I did, however, find one pattern that I just have to knit. The Simply Lovely Lace Socks by Karen Baumer captured my attention right away. I've ordered the yarn, but as this is my first lace project, I need to find a KAL (knit a long) for support.

But, right now I have to go to work. It's great I get paid to exercise, spend time with great people, and occasionally relax in the comfy chair. Life is so hard.

Jenshine took this picture of me most of a year ago on our trip to her home town. I was knitting on the train, what a surprise!

3 comments:

JustApril said...

Can't wait to see the new yarn and I hope you find your KAL support group =)

JustApril said...

If you start one, I'll help you promote it whether I can join or not (bt I probably would) just cuz

JustApril said...

Cool, don't hurry yourself, I'll be out of town from this evening until Monday sometime. I haven't done much lace myself, so it'll be cool to start small that way =) Even if you have to rip out a whole sock, or tink it back, it still can't be as frustrating as doing it with a huge wrap or or shawl! So that'll be a plus =)