Sunday, February 26, 2006

Simply Lovely Lace Socks KAL

Oh dear, I cannot find a Knit-A-Long (KAL) for the Simply Lovely Lace Socks from the latest edition of Interweave Knits. I think I might have to make my own. It is either that, or I am the only one in the internet world that just loves these lovelies.


How can you say no to these cuties?

Anyway, I created a group on Yahoo! I call it the Simply Lovely Lace Socks Knit-A-Long. I'm really creative. If anyone would like to join or knows how to make a button, please leave a comment.

I ordered the yarn yesterday, it should be here monday or tuesday at the latest. I love elann.com

5 comments:

Knit and Tink said...

The socks were quite fun to knit just as long as you pay attention to what you're doing (keep counting the rows...I never do but found I needed to until I could tell what it was supposed to look like..the other thing, learn how to tink back on those "knit in the back of the stitch" stitches. (it was simple when I figured it out). My next socks will be the girly girl socks from the interweave Sock book. Gotta take a break from sock knitting after the Olympics tho! Thanks for visiting!

Knit and Tink said...

What I meant by the tinking back is that the pattern is k3 in the back loop, k3 regular...it will be inevitable at some point that you will have to tink back and it's easy to get the stitches twisted...when I finally figured out how to get them back on the needle the right way, life got much easier. :)

JustApril said...

tink ='s knit backwards - safer way to frog, but no ripping. so it's really unknitting, just cuter to say 'tink'

alliesw said...

Thanks for the comment. These were fun to knit; I am working on another pair in shepherd sock sport, and they are coming out better--I think the softer yarn helps! And being knit together is right; it takes awhile to get the rhythm of what you're doing, and I made quite a few (fixable) mistakes in that second row in that first sock! But it's a good pattern! I'll check out your knit a long too!

alliesw said...

The socks will be GREAT in that baby cashmere--and the picot edge is wonderful with soft yarn. Be sure to post a pic!