Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You know you are getting old when...it takes five tries and help to blow out all the candles.

The yarn, Peruvian Collection Baby Cashmere from elann.com for my Simply Lovely Lace Socks, tried to come in the post today, but I was at class so I get to pick up the parcel tomorrow. I also promise to get out the camera tomorrow and take some pictures of my past projects including my finished Eris.




I am also contemplating a UFO blog of shame for myself. Perhaps we could turn it into some sort of knitting meme that each person can post a picture and short description of their UnFinished Objects so that other knitters can see that it really is ok to put aside a work in progress (WIP) for a few months or years until they are ready to pick up the sticks again and finish it up.


So I urge you, brave knitters of the internet, share with us your tired tails of knitting neglected. It could be simply that you ran out of yarn, or that the sock turned out ten sizes too small, it doesn’t matter why it’s unfinished, all that matters is that you share it with the rest of the world. Don’t be afraid, I’ll do it with you. If you do see a UFO site-ing, or a UFO post-ing, let me know. I’m always willing to support a fellow knitter in his/her/their endeavours.


Today's picture: JENSHINE

Also, thanks to everyone for your suport with the Simply Lovely Lace Socks.

No comments: