Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Note to self, when giving class presentation, don't get in argument with proff. especially when he is head of department and your future!

I admit, I am suspicious of any craft that involves pointy things. Not pointy in the way a knitting needle is pointy, but more in the way that, ouch, my finger is bleeding again, pointy. I still don’t get along with my sewing machine – you know the reason – pointy thing moving very quickly in a threatening way. Yet, when I saw the groovy patterns on Sublime Stitching, I thought, “gee, this doesn’t look too hard. I bet even I could do it.” So I ordered a starter kit, half believing that it would be some backwater half-ass company which would probably take my money and never talk to me again. I was wrong.

I checked the post box every day for almost three weeks, and finally, yesterday, it came. I tell you, I am very happy.




As you can see, my kit from Sublime Stitching included everything they promised, including instructions for which I am grateful – I’ve never embroidered before. Also, I received a hoop, some thread, patterns (very cool), a needle, a towel, um...other stuff that I can’t think of off the top of my head. I am looking forward to spending some time trying it out this weekend.


Now, on to my new project – UFO’s (insert spacey sounds here).




There are UFO’s in my closet. For all you non-knitting or new-knitting or just-don’t-know-what-UFO-means-knitting friends out there, UFO’s are UnFinished Objects that go neglected for months or years on end before someone gets around to finishing them. UFO’s are not WIP’s (Works In Progress – aka, active knitting projects), and therefore are often considered the source of much shame and embarrassment for many a proud knitter. Now, UFO’s have various reason for being left in the dark, but until now, I have never seen anyone celebrate them. So, this is the plan: Why not make a blog where people can join, post pictures and tell us about their very own UFO! Then, people will flock from sites all around the internet to be inspired by, sympathize with and admire the bravery of those who post on the Knitted UFO Sitings page (yes, I know sighting is spelt wrong, it’s a pun, get it? no? too bad, but I still love you anyway).

I even did the first part, I made a blog. I made a Knitted UFO Sitings blog. Now I just have to figure out the rest of it.....or someone really, really smart can tell me how to do it....either way, I’m just happy to do my part.


Last, but not least, my Simply Lovely Lace Socks are coming along swimmingly.

.

.

.

Pst. The middle picture is not a UFO, it's my cat. Sorry for the confusion.

1 comment:

JustApril said...

LOL - So which someone really smart are you talking about? ;P

You know, I always argued with my teachers, too. (and I usually won said arguements, HEY it's not my fault they didn't know what in the heck they were talking about, but WRONG IS WRONG, and that's the truth ppppfffftttthhhbbbbbb)

(thank GOD they liked me lol)

hehehehehe

what do you need help with?