Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Blogging woes

I have discovered that I need to learn how to create my own blog template. That means that I probably have to re-learn HTML again. I think it would be worth it though. How the template for the page is set up now, I cannot put the frapper map anywhere else without destroying the entire set up. But I am glad someone likes it. As it is now, every little change tends to make a big change to the lay out of my page that I just don't understand.

I don't think this blog of mine is going away. I started blogging as a time filler to distract me from writing essays and vent my frustrations. Now, I think it is becoming something more than that. I have met some wonderful people and learnt a lot. So here are some goals for the summer vacation.


  • get some pictures of geese and find a way to design the page to my liking.
  • put a little more thought into the entries. Including more pictures. (that involves purchasing my own digi-cam so that I am not always having to borrow some one else's)
  • Redesign the UFO page to my liking.
  • advertise both pages by learning to make buttons &c.

That's about it for now. I have a lot of other things to get done this summer. All but the picture taking will require rainy days. But this is the Great North West, we should have lots of those.

An important side note: April has a new podcast. It is about knitting and about other things.




Knit2BTied

To Jenshine, I can't wait to see you again. I hope things turn out, but I know what you mean about the British - just remember, they really are trying to make things easier, it's just they do that by making everything difficult.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yay, a new blog for me to read! Brilliant. I'm sitting here doing data entry and it's f-ing boring as all hell. Two more days left. They know now that I'm leaving. Two more days, that's it.

God help me though, as I'm going mental. I have a lot to do, I just don't want to do it. Two days, dammit! Two! And then it's all down hill. I've got my tickets booked, got my coach ticket booked for London. I'm good to go. I just need to wait now. Thank god Bess is coming here next week, otherwise I'd go mental. I just want to be home now.

I'm going to see what the weather is like in Victoria right now

Jen said...

Oh, it's nicer in Edinburgh than it is in Victoria. Overcast there, isn't it? I can still see blue skies here. Not that I really care.

So, what're you doing today? Something mind blowing? Something extraordinary? Magical? Fanciful? Relaxing? Should I shut up now? I wish I could do something relaxing. I'm really dying to go for a bike ride somewhere. Or a walk. I want to go for a walk in Beacon Hill Park, or even up Mount Doug.

I'm tempted to sign onto web msn, but I think I might be in big shite of I get caught. But, I still only have two days left...

JustApril said...

there's lots of templates to choose from, you might try one of the others - that frappr map is super huge, there are plenty of smaller ones.

creating you own template is a good idea, too, though, but for something in the meantime you may try some of the other choices

Jenshine said...

One more day then freedom!! Sweet, sweet freedom! I can't wait! And then I have to figure everything else out...my flight, my bus, the shuttle to the airport, where I'm staying...it's good though. It'll come together, I expect.

Two weeks today and then I'll be at your place...petting your cat...eating spinach and tuna and rice...umm...going to beacon hill park, all the good things that I haven't done for three months, but have been desperate to do.

Best be going now. Work is over.