Sunday, April 23, 2006

Would *your* grandmother do that?

My co-workers, all of which are several years older than myself, tell me that I am such an ‘old lady’. Many of my friends have taken to calling me an ‘old grandmother’. I think that I will take it as a compliment. Besides, when you look at what I do with my free time on a lovely sunny Sunday, I think you might agree with these people of mine.


This morning, I woke up with the sun, cleaned my kitchen from tip to stern, made bread (by hand with old fashion style fresh yeast that I had to persuade a local bakery to sell me), made cheese bisques using the family recipe that is at least 4 generations old, and some tea to eat the yummies with for my lunch.

Now, with only two hours left of bread prep (that’s total time, really, it’s only about 5 min of work, but lots of waiting) left, I am sitting with my cat in the sunshine embroidering. Oh yes, and listening to classical music.

It’s the first time I have been able to do this in five months and boy does it feel good. I think, provided the weather stays lovely, I’ll cycle up to one of the smaller ‘villages’ (if you can call them that...this city is odd) just because I can. Now, tell me, would *your* grandmother do that?

4 comments:

make said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
louisgribbel07734726 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leanne said...

wow! you got blog-spammed! thats funny. i think my granny would do wat you do, except i think she's less nimble and would walk rather than cycle anywhere. she likes cleaning the kitchen. and baking. i miss my granny :-(

Reasoning E'Bert said...

Yah. I figured out how to get rid of unwanted comments!

(I still hate word varification)