Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yes I'm Back and talking about The Unexciting Dr. Undercomb.

In the classroom where I listen to Dr. Undercomb prattle on indecisively about dead philosophers, there is the potential for much amusement. At least, that is, much amusement on my part.

On the first day of classes, I noticed that towards the front of the room, directly over where a lecturer might stand, there was a water spot on the ceiling. The following week, I noticed that it was slightly larger than I remembered it. I set out to discover from where it came and deduced that the most likely source of the moisture was from the toilets directly above it -- perhaps originating from a small leak or spill. This ceiling spot grew larger as time progressed.

Upon return from my adventures, which don’t need explaining at this juncture, I observed a substantial increase in the ‘ceiling spot’. It currently consists of two thirds of a ceiling tile and bulges downwards approximately one and a half feet. Needless to say, something’s gonna give.

My hope is that it will give at the right moment. Perhaps it will burst while Dr. Undercomb stands beneath, or perhaps beside, the deluge. It will be all I can do not to laugh. His reputation is everything to this man, he identifies with his written works and constantly displays the value of his ideas in such a way to make all around him seem small and unimportant. He is patronizing, and I would not be sad to see Dr. Undercomb doused with toilet water from above.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

what class does dr. undercomb teach?

Reasoning E'Bert said...

It's a philosophy class, but I wouldn't want to give away which. It might reveal his real identity, and that would be a shame, I'm sure.

unenlightened said...

Dr Undercomb is presumably a process we go through to arrive at frustration and unkindness. One and a half feet!? That's one big bulge... If I'd realised you were in the country I'd have invited you for tea, but I was busy being tired and depressed... and you probably thought I'd died, but I'm going to write something really interesting on my blog really soon, (maybe).