Tuesday, May 29, 2007

five

I am still waiting for my copy of Interweave Knits. The same thing happened with last summer's issue, it didn't come and I had to ask for another one. There is a gremlin in the postal service here. I don't know what it is, but almost a quarter of my mail goes missing. We have a locked mail box, so it isn't the general public. Pooy to you Canada Post. I love it when you deliver mail, but you really need to get your act in gear.


While I'm in the mood to bitch about stitching, lets talk about knitting groups here in town. A few years ago, before I even started this blog, I popped into one knitting group at my favorite cafe. I was sourly disappointed. Although not new to knitting, I was newly obsessed with knitting and eager to try new techniques. The women at the group were all post menopausal and restricting themselves to square knitting (gtst afghans and scarves). Maybe I caught them on a bad day, but they seemed to put all their effort into how awful it was that I wasn't in the knitting guild. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy myself.



But that was a few years ago; now, thanks to the efforts of Debbie Stroller, the wonderful people at Knitty and the like, more younger people have taken up the sticks and bravely knit in public. There are about 6 or 7 knitting groups in town now, one of them meats two blocks from my home. I might stop by one Tuesday, but not until next week when House is over. Sorry guys and gals, but knitting with Hugh Laurie takes president over just about everything else.


The photos are of some of the araucana eggs that my bosses sell. They have such lushes colour and scrumptious taste.

NB: I apologise for not getting the paragraph formatting correct on my posts lately. For some strange reason blogger isn't doing what I ask it to when I press publish. I suppose I could start correcting the html code, but that's more effort than I'm willing to put in this week.

No comments: