Monday, May 28, 2007

four

I think I've decided on what to make for Christmas gifts. Well, I've decided two things really, one will be super-wonderful at using up my Yarn Stash. Unfortuantely, on the odd chance that anyone actually reads this blog, I cannot/will not share my amazing ideas with you just now. We will just have to wait 7 more months.


The dream is to become a farmer within the next 10 years. I want a combination of traditional and modern techniques with a huge emphasis on low environmental impact. There will be chickens, pigs, milking goats, ducks, and a small flock of heritage sheep (I bet you can't guess what that's for. Hint: it involves a spinning wheel and some pointy sticks).

There is something about healthy, happy animals fed with fresh and top quality food (which we would grow ourselves) which makes the quality of the product vastly superior to any shop bought bit of meat. Sustainable farming, that's the dream; and maybe, in a few years the reality

No comments: