Wednesday, May 30, 2007

six point one

I found this at Nake-id Knits, who in turn discovered it from Chic Knits.

Knitting Check List

Bolds are completed. Regulars—not so much.

And you?


Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire
Shawl
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KALWho didn’t knit Audrey? (actually, I didn't)
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn – not yet, but I have a few sweaters hanging around waiting for reincarnation.
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with bananafiber yarn - Is that even possible? I want some!
Domino knitting
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with Bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn—soy blend
Cardigan - Does almost compleate UFO stashed under bed count?
Toy/Doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles
Baby items
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers
Graffitti knitting
Continental Knitting
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Lace patterns

Publishing a knitting book - I want that!
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit - So many times!
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
- I even do my colour work with two or more yarns in the same hand at the same time.
Knitting to make money
Buttonholes - I hate them so much!
Knitting with Alpaca

Fair Isle Knitting
Norwegian knitting
Dying with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies...)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars
Olympic knitting
Knitting with someone else's handspun yarn
Knitting with dpns - Way better than circular needles, I always get tangled up in the long cord thing.
Holiday related knitting - I don't want to talk about it.
Teaching a male to knit
Bobbles
Knitting for a living - I just live to knit.
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking
Dyeing yarn
Steeks
Knitting art
Knitting two socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars simultaneously
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured Knitting
Kitchener Bind Off
Purses/bags

Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and Purling Backwards
Machine knitting
Knitting with selfpatterning/selfstriping/variegating yarn
Stuffed Toys
Baby items
Knitting with Cashmere
Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn - Yes but NEVER AGAIN so long as I have a breath left in my body!
Writing a pattern - what else does one do for fun on a Friday night?

Gloves
Intarsia

Knitting with Linen - Some day soon I hope
Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO
Freeform knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mits/armwarmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine - We have all heard of Knitty.com haven't we?
Rug - maybe when I learn to weave. But I did make one out of I-cord when I was little
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Shrug/Bolero/Poncho - no, No and NO! (well, maybe one day I'll knit a shrug, but I wouldn't wear it in public)
Knitting with dog/cat hair - um.... NO! Can you imagine what it would smell like wet?
Hair accessories
Knitting in public
- every day.

And a few of my own:


Knitting with buffalo fibre
Knitting at a major fibre related even like a Knit Out
Knitting with Sea Cell yarn. Oh Yah! That stuff is soft!
Double knitting two socks at once (one inside the other)
I-cord edging
And Last but not least, knitting nude!

1 comment:

Patrizia said...

Thanks so much e'bert!
I wish I knew how to fix the problem with blogger.. it all started when I went with the new blogger several months ago - maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows? Oh well.
Hey I like your elephant tea cosy - too cute!! :)