Tuesday, June 05, 2007

eleven

I have three sweaters to frogg for making recycled yarn, all wool blends, one of which is purely delightful. As they are not purely natural, I think I'll offer them on etsy for a lower price. But I can't do that until I finish the Wedding Gift.


I am almost finished the Wedding Gift, one or two more days left of knitting, then another day to weave in the ends. I'm very glad that I learnt how to splice the yarn together for this project, else I would have to give myself another week to darn in all these ends.


Wedding Gift is made from 22 balls of yarn with a llamma/wool blend. It has taken approximately five months to knit so far, and needs to be completed by the middle of the month. It's designed so that two people can share it at the same time. That's about all I can tell you right now, once the gift has been delivered I will share photos with you all.

All, alright, here's a hint:




My poor cat has been under the weather lately. I fear it's getting near the end, but I just love her so much, I don't want to let go.

2 comments:

jayne said...

Yeehaa!!!

I saw you over at etsy! Welcome!

I said I'd share some tips. Feel free to convo me (etsy email) when you have questions.

Here are a few to get you started:

1. fill out as much of your shop as you can (and as time allows) over the next few days. Shop announcement, profile, add items (spread them out over days), etc. People will want to sense a personality over at your shop, and with a name like that, you will draw them in.

2. Go carefully in the forums. It can be supportive as well as (nasty) over there. I'd read and lurk for a day or two and get the sense of it. There are tons of great threads for new sellers. A lot of them are in help and buying and selling.

3. Do read all the do's and don'ts before posting anything. (word to the wise)

have tons of fun! You know where to find me.

Kimber8116 said...

I'm so sorry about your cat. I lost my 14 year old cat while I was away at college. When I would come home for each school break, I could really see how quickly she was aging...it broke my heart.