Wednesday, June 06, 2007

twelve

It was a bloody awful (yes I swore, but it warrants it) day at work yesterday. One of the bosses made me cry by being a git. I know he's grumpy because his real life sucks, but I wish he wouldn't take it out on the rest of us. What kept me going though the day was thinking about the lovely yarn I bought before I went to work: Clematis. Go on, have a look. Isn't she lovely? I can hardly wait for it to arrive.



When I came home from work, I felt the need to do something deconstructive so I frogged two and a half sweaters. I'll put them up for sale on Etsy after I wash them (in mild, eco-friendly, hand made washing soap) and measure how long they are.




Speaking about Etsy, I have a plan for my shop. I will list a few items such as vintage knitting patterns while I work on the logistics. Then towards the end of the month, once I have everything prepared, I will launch my shop by putting a whole lot of things on at once and have a sale. A few things I still have to work out:




  • How do I set up the shop to have a sale. Do I go in and change the price manually for each item (most likely) or is there some feature I can say 10% off these items, and 50% off these items?


  • What should I do about packaging? Should I go with the eco-friendly thing to do and re-use materials I have in the home (tempting) or should I go for a more professional look (more to my liking - I can still use recycled paper.)


  • What sort of return policy should I provide?


So many things to think about.



But I would rather talk about my Hand-Spun Hand-Knit Hat. It's finished. Actually, it was finished last week, but I needed some spare time to take some photos of it to share with you all. I'll see if I can't get the free pattern ready for you today. Keep an eye out for it.

No comments: