Sunday, June 24, 2007

twenty-four

Teddy's wedding went wonderfully. The ceremony was held at Sax Point (the location of the recent Victoria Knit Out). I finally gave the happy couple their gift and now I can share it with the world.

The wedding afghan from IK,






"This blanket is handmade by me with love for the both of you. I hope that you have many opportunities to enjoy it together. This wedding afghan is made from 50% Highland Wool and 50% Llama and thus requires special care. If you place it in the washing machine, it will destroy both machine and blanket. Please hand wash the blanket by placing it in warm, soapy water and gently squeezing it. Repeat with clean warm water 2 to 3 times to rinse. Dry flat. I hope it keeps you warm on those cold Alberta nights."


All the design elements symbolize growth, love and togetherness. It was a long knit as the pattern required considerable attention. But I'm glad I made it for them. I hope they love it.



And now for some more photos:

From the Bridal Shower...



And, of course, the happy couple...(yes they really did look that nervous, but I think I would too if I just got married)...


And again. Isn't that the spot where the YH took a photo of her socks when she was in town?



And in honour of socks, I took a photo of the bride with my WIP. I don't think that she quite got it, but she obliged me just the same.






In other news, I am looking for a pattern for a felted hat. I saw one at the Moss St. Market yesterday and now I just have to make one for myself. Only, I don't know how - yet. If you know of any patterns for a floppy felted sunhat, please, Please, PLEASE let me know. It might just be the one.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

The blanket is absolutely gorgeous, what an awesome gift!

Beth said...

That is such a beautiful afghan ... great job on it! I'm sure they will cherish it.

Annie said...

Wow, what a gorgeous blanket! Someday I'll make something that intricate and beautiful...

Miss Scarlett said...

Goodness - your blanket is so beautiful! What an heirloom.