Friday, June 22, 2007

Twenty-Two: Kauni KAL




My resolve not to purchase any more yarn has fallen by the wayside again. My sunhat just isn't working out. I think the yarn is a bit to thin for the recommended gage, so I would either have to double it up (which I could do ofcourse) or I could buy the next bit of lovely yarn I come across - Hemp Yarn. For those of you who don't know yet, hemp is NOT pot. It is a plant that in the past was used to produce rope and linen (along with flax) and is produced in a very similar way to linen flax. 55%hemp, 45%wool and a sage green colour should make a cool sunhat. Either I will follow this pattern, or more likely, I'll adapt one of these Japanese patterns to suit my needs.


The KauniKAL also has swamped my resolve not to buy any more yarn. But it's just one project. Now - except for the Salt Spring Island Fiber Fest - the only new yarn I will allow myself to acquire this year is stuff I spin myself. All other projects must rely on my STASH! (not pot stash, yarn stash - boy, some of you people have a dirty mind).

1 comment:

Rebel said...

I saw that top on Yarn Harlot's blog, it's awesome! Good luck... I'm too scared to ever try steeks! - zuma