Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm sad

What a crazy day it was yesterday. So many things seemed to go wrong. Inanimate objects like door frames jumped out and hit me as I walked by, I cut my right pointy finger on some invisible bit of dirt while examining my new fleece (I picked it up at the Salt Spring Island Fiber Fest), and I cut my right thumb pealing potatoes (first time I've ever done that). Those are pretty much my main knitting fingers (aside from my left thumb which somehow escaped unscathed).

On top of all that, my cat died last night.


I have to go burry her this afternoon. As I don't have a yard, my grandfather said that I can use his garden. She had been poorly for some time now, but still, I'm pretty broken up about it. so I'm taking today (and maybe tomorrow) off from the world.

7 comments:

Fun Knits said...

So sorry for the loss of your cat. We have a very old cat who isn't going to be around much longer either. Pick your favorite flower and plant that over where your cat is buried. Somehow that makes it easier. Your fingers will heal quicker than your heart but all will heal in time.

Brenda said...

So very sorry to hear about your kitty. They become such a big part of our lives and we become so attached, and it is so very difficult to say goodbye. Thinking of you.

Kathy said...

I feel for you, I really do. I just lost my much loved fluffy alarm clock who had been with me for 9 years. Too young for a loved Puss. Its winter here in Australia and I'm passing long evenings by knitting but I will miss her for many more. At least we both know our loved kitties had good homes with someone who cared. Thinking of you...

RandomRanter said...

I'm so sorry.

JeanTownsend said...

This breaks my heart. I am so sorry about your cat. I think my best friend ever was a cat. Best wishes to you.

Miss Scarlett said...

Oh goodness, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty.

Pets are such companions. I think Fun Knits has a lovely idea to plant something with your kitty. That would be a nice memorial. I am glad that your Grandpa was able to offer you a nice spot in his yard.

Sending you hugs and wishes for comfort.

Beth said...

I'm just reading now about the loss of your cat, and I'm so sad for you. They get into our hearts in a big way, don't they? Even though they sometimes are a 'pain in the ass' as you said. I hope you're feeling better now. Thinking of you!