Wednesday, August 29, 2007

fifty-five

Yesterday was my last day of work before I go back to University. I do like my job and I especially like my co-workers, but I tell you sometimes, the guests can be a real pain in the @$$. I think, I had just worked too much this summer. Yes, it means that I have more money to spend on fiber, but I tell you here and now, I am very glad to have a few days off before classes start.




So, what shall I do with my time off?




I can knit my Kauni. I'm up to the front neckline at the moment. I hope to have the torso finished and a sleeve started before classes get underway.




I can knit myself a scarf with some yarn I spun. It is silk and wool from my Golden Fleece plyed together. It is so soft!







I had originally planned to knit socks, but once I draped my skein around my neck (I hope I'm not the only one in the world with this habit - but in my defence, I find it the best way to see how the colours will look on me and if I find the yarn scratchy) I realized that this yarn HAS TO become a scarf.







I've started knitting Palette with it, but I'm not certain if I like the pattern. My yarn is much thinner than the recommended yarn so I'm using smaller needles (and thus making a thinner scarf). Also, knitting lace hurts my thumb for some reason.







I think I might rip it out and make a version of the Montego Bay Scarf form Interweave Knits summer 2007. Although I'm not certain that I like the fringe, I love the lace pattern.





I can finish my Monkey socks! I'm almost finished the toe on the last one. It's a fun pattern to knit, but I just couldn't get into it. It's been months since I've started and I'll be glad to be done.





I can spin cobwebs into yarn. Well, it's not actually cobwebs, I don't think spiders make webs this fine. It's my Bamboo-mix fibers I bought from Wooldancer.







I wasn't certain how to get the best balance of textures and colours - if I was going to ply the yarn the normal way, it would be easy; however, I plan to Navajo ply this yarn, so I carded sections together and spun from there.







I think it is working well so far. The colours are turning out to be far more vibrant than I am use to. The plan for this yarn is another Palette scarf, but I think I'll have to wait and see how it goes. Perhaps if I could find a simpler lace scarf (one with less purling - that's the part that makes my thumb hurt) pattern I will make it into that.







I can spin/knit the fiber I picked up for Christmas gifts. But I have to do it secretly.





I can dig under my bed, find a UFO and finish it. But who am I kidding. I would much rather be knitting my Kauni.





Oh yes, I forgot. I can deep clean my home. I suppose that one is suppose to take priority. But you know how things go.










Also good news: Ravelry is almost mine!



Found you!
You signed up on June 24, 2007
You are #10909 on the list.
475 people are ahead of you in line.
18410 people are behind you in line.
35% of the list has been invited so far

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Well whatever you decide to do I am sure you will have fun with it. You have so many nice things to choose from.

TinkingBell said...

Gaaahhhh forget the cleaning - knit - spin dye have fun - don't clean!!!!!!! Enjoy (let me know how the Kauni goes - it's about number 6 on my 'next to knit' list!