Thursday, August 30, 2007

fifty-six

A parcel arrived in the post today. Just a plane cardboard box with my name and details, and a return address some po. box in Ontario. "It's very strange," I thought, "I'm not expecting anything. I wonder if it's a bomb." Because I'm the type of person that thinks every bit of unexpected post is a bomb. Then another thought struck me, what if it's not a bomb, what if it's worse, what if it's YARN!



Normally, yarn in the post is a very good thing. But I am not expecting any yarn. Did I order yarn and forget that I ordered it? Did I sleep-order-yarn? I do several simple tasks in my sleep like get a glass of water or bake banana bread. I can write essays (some of the best I've done were written this way - but always with pen and paper, never with the computer) in my sleep. I can even carry on a conversation over the telephone in my sleep - so well in fact that quite often the other person doesn't know I'm asleep - and not remember it. But still, I suspect that ordering yarn is far beyond the abilities of my sleep-self.




Good news - It's not yarn. Even better news - It's a teapot!







And what a lovely teapot it is too. My father had ordered me a teapot and I'm simply thrilled with it. There is Earl Grey tea in it now, steeping away while I write this blog. I love tea so much. I think I love it more than I love yarn.



Want more good news? I've found a scarf pattern I like (see above photo) - Montego Bay Scarf by Amy R. Singer in Interweave Knits Summer 2007. I doubt that I'll add a fringe, but I love how simple it is to knit. I also realize that I suck at lace knitting. I've frogged this scarf 5 times before I got it right. I was going to frog the sample from the last post, but Y got a hold of it first and decided to make a flower out of it. She made me cast off and give it to her. I don't mind. It is nice to have something you made created into something beautiful.




Speaking of Y, we walked to the Abkahazi Garden with her housemate. We had tea/lunch at the house and spent a great deal of time looking around the garden. We took photos of everything! It was great!










I tried to take a kinnear shot of the girls.




There is Y doing her customary dance. I think it's becoming a ritual.






Want even more good news? I finished (FINALLY FINISHED) my Monkey socks. Too bad they are not very photogenic. But they are finished and that's what counts.






Oh, and while you are here, check this out. I might just have to participate.

4 comments:

TinkingBell said...

Love the badges - Think tis should be encouraged - but there should be and Elizabeth Zimmermann badge for those who discover that DPNs can replace sheared split pins on outboard motors!

~Tonia~ said...

Yay for a new tea pot. How sweet of your dad.

Sounds like you all had a great time together. The pictures are so pretty.

Oooo ooooo eeee eeee monkeys. Love em.

Diane said...

Love the teapot! Tea and knitting go so well together :-) and spinning, come to think of it...

Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!

susie said...

I heart your blue teapot. The shape is cool!