Thursday, August 16, 2007

forty-nine

WARNING





At the end of this post is a photo which may not be suitable for all viewers. Those of a sensitive nature are best not to look.










It's a really funny photo of some fruit. But some people might not think it's so funny, so if that's you, don't scroll down to the end of this post.












First and foremost, I've got to tell you that the most amazing thing happened to me yesterday. (This is probably the only benefit of not having my regular postilion deliver the mail.) Now brace yourself, but my copy of Interweave Knits Fall 2007 arrived - are you sitting down? - on time! It's amazing. You wanna know what else is amazing? It's all about knitting responsibly. Now I've been ranting, both on this blog and in real life, for ages about the environmental impact of our knitting obsessions, and to be honest, I didn't think that anyone was listening. But I think that maybe they are beginning to pay attention. Lets hope so.


What's more, I am in love with the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. I want to make this sweater and what's more, I want to make the yarn to make this sweater. Am I insane? Possibly. But what I know is that I'll need access to a drum carder - hand carding, though fun, takes forever! See?


















Kauni sweater is coming along nicely at last. Only about half an hour knitting time a day, but I'm almost up to the neck line.










Here is a close up of my steeks. I've only done seven stitches steeks, but I think it's going to be just fine.











And last of all. The moment you have been waiting for:






The Peach!






He seems all innocent,






But wait,






What's that?








Ewe, peach p0rn.






I'm also rather annoyed at Blogger - it seems when I add photos the paragraph formatting goes weird. I can't seem to stop it. UG! I don't know what to do.

2 comments:

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

This is the second Kauni I've seen online...if I see any more I just may be forced to knit one myself.

BTW funny fruit...why don't I get peaches like that in Ontario.

TinkingBell said...

My kauni is still sitting in skeins, waiting for me to start! - Turtle walk socks and presents of various kinds took over - but I will start soon!
Love the blog = glad I found it!