Thursday, September 20, 2007

sixty-eight

It is only through the kindness of other's that I have stuck to my no-yarn-for-me self imposed yarn diet.


It's been over 10 days since I began my one year challenge, and there has been so many temptations. The Internet is bad enough, especially now that I have access to ravelry. There is an epidemic of startitus going round that site. I should warn those of you who are not infected yet to take warning. I have started and frogged so many projects in the last few weeks. I know I'm not the only one.



I almost blew my no-yarn-for-me last weekend. I told you that I went to the spinning guru last weekend. Well, she had fiber. She had silk merino roving. She had silk merino roving in a vibrant garnet colour. It fell off the shelf into my arms, and wouldn't let go of me until I put it in the pile of things to buy.


I felt torn: on one hand, I had made a commitment to myself not to buy any yarn/fiber, on the other hand, it was so soft and the most perfect colour for me. What could I do? Lucky for me, through an unforeseen chance of fate, my father swooped in and bought me the fiber as a present, thus saving me from my self imposed dilemma. It was a blessed act of charity, and I bought him lunch to say thank you.



The Christmas gifts are coming along fabulously. I have finished spinning and plying the yarn for the second one. I'm not certain about the colour, but the yarn sure is thin: 50g makes 220m three ply. That's thin right?


Tonight, I join a guild. I don't really know what I am getting myself into with this, but I will let you know. That is unless they swear me to secrecy.

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Yay for your Dad. I would trade lunch for fiber any day.

Have fun at the guild tonight.

TinkingBell said...

Love the yarn (hey - tell me the secret handshake!)