Sunday, September 23, 2007

sixty-nine point one

Have you seen KnitMap yet? I have been dreaming of the day when some intelligent person would invent a website with a map that has all the yarn shops know to humankind. Finally, my dream is beginning to come true.


From what I can tell, if there is a shop that is not on there, you can add it. I've noticed that my local area is completely void of shops (which just isn't true!), so I'll be adding some on there soon.


This will be the most valuable tool in the history of knitters everywhere. How many times have you gone on vacation and not been able to find the closest yarn shop? Personally, too many.


Yarn shop owners out there, get on it! Put your shop out there for the rest of us to find.

2 comments:

Marigold said...

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to make sure my LYS owner knows about it, too.

~Tonia~ said...

Yes, I have seen something similar to this. It is a great idea.