Sunday, September 23, 2007

sixty-nine

The guild meeting was amazing. I wouldn't have thought there would be so many weavers and spinners all in one place, but they were. There is so much knowledge and experience amongst those people and I feel honoured to be welcomed amongst their number.



I learnt how to make a new kind of heal from one of the guild members. She called it a Turkish heal. It's a way of placing an afterthought heal, but it's different than anything I have read about. I am going to give it a go on my cable and rib, rib and cable socks.



I took my new Knitters' Cube with me to the meeting. Lots of people loved it. I am really, really pleased with this bag.

2 comments:

TinkingBell said...

I am really impressed with the socks (but I like the cube as well!!!! Psst! Did you learn a secret handshake?

~Tonia~ said...

Glad that you had such a great time at the guild.