- Fiber festival shopping is exempt. It's the equivalent of eating birthday cake when you are on a diet.
- I can purchases new fiber to spin if and only if it is for a particular project and I do not purchases more than is reasonably needed for said project.
- I have three (3) wild cards - that means that I have three opportunities to buy yarn and not feel bad about it. But once they are gone, they are gone! (If I don't use them up, I get to buy myself a special present at the end of the year. One for each wild card not used.)
- Buying yarn to make specific gifts for other people (not myself) are also exempt.
- I can buy myself a gift of yarn for my birthday without using up one of my wild cards.
- Enabling is all okay. Which means I can still tell you about this fantastic new yarn being offered by Knits Galore. It's so wonderful and darn it all, I wish it came out yesterday so I could go on a yarn spree before my self imposed torture. I especially like Angela* in Bamboo/Merino/Nylon.
- And I suppose, if someone else were to buy me yarn and give it to me, that would be okay too. Besides, it would be rude to refuse.
With these exceptions, one year, one whole year!, will not be too difficult. It will be a challenge, but I think I can get through it.
When will the madness end? After 365.4 days or after I have reduced my stash by more than half. That would be when my entire yarn stash fits comfortably inside my yarn suitcase you see in the photos.