Tuesday, September 18, 2007

sixty-seven

In the last two days the weather has gone from bright summer days to assertively autumn. It's very sudden this year, but then again, we didn't really have a summer. There is a cold nip in the air and I am contemplating knitting gloves or perhaps a hot watter bottle cozy.


While on campus yesterday, I glanced up at an oak tree and saw fiery red consuming the tips of the leaves. Nature provides the perfect colour combination for a future knitted jacket - perhaps a version of Elizabeth Zimmermann's Epaulet sweater.


It won't be much longer before the chestnuts are ready. Maybe they already are. I will have to go have a look'see tomorrow. One thing I know is that the days are getting shorter and it won't be long before I'm grateful for all the socks I knit over the summer.



Fall colours have even invaded my knitting.


I received my Knitters' Cube in the post yesterday. It took only 10 days to travel all the way from New York. I am completely delighted with it. It is perfect for keeping my handbag knitting safe. At first, at the very first, I had my doubts that it was hand-made. It is so well sewn. But then I realized, there is no way that something mass manufactured would be this good a quality. It's lined and the seems are enforced with bias tape... and all that good sewing stuff. Shrodinger is a delight to buy from and she makes such a wonderful product.

3 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Lovely colors. We have had the cold snap as well, but now it is supposed to be back in the 90's tomorrow.

I have heard nothing but good things about the knitters' Cubes.

teabird said...

Ah, another lover of fountain pens! The autumn colors are so very welcome after the gaudiness of late-summer flowers. They are pretty, but they aren't wise the way autumn plants are...

(and now I want a knitting cube, too)

schrodinger said...

I've just seen your post - thank you for your sweet post, It's funny that you didn't think it was handmade at first. I'm so glad that you like it, and that it's serving it's purpose well :)