Sunday, September 16, 2007

sixty-six

I've been really in the wars this weekend. I bashed both my elbows on stationary objects (by accident) so hard that my little fingers are still numb a day later. They don't hurt only when I keep my arms right next to my body, so I am knitting all hunched up like a T-rex (short little stubby arms).



Even so, I did finish my first Christmas present yesterday. It looks great. I would share with you, but I don't want to take a chance that someone might see it. Sorry. But I'll post photos after the holidays. You know, at this rate, I might be finished Christmas shopping by Halloween. That's just weird.



I did have a great time yesterday. I stopped by Honeysuckle Studio and talked with the local spinning and weaving guru. She knows so much and she is more than willing to share what she knows. I asked her all sorts of questions, like for example, "how do I make my wheel NOT squeak?" and "what are the differences between different folding wheels?" and she knew all the answers. One day, I want to grow up to be just like her.



If you have a moment, and you like free patterns, check out this site, Stash Bustn'.

Now, I must go design a pattern for knitted dalek tea cozies. Unless anyone knows of any pre-existing patterns?

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Hope your arms/elbows/hands feel better soon.

Wow being done with Christmas shopping by Halloween is impressive. I have done very little so far. I am hoping to do a little at a time so that I won't have a huge amount to buy all at once.