Monday, September 10, 2007

sixty-two (blogger be good)

Now usually, on a normal day, under normal circumstances, I make a copy of my blog post before pressing the 'go' button. Just in case, but some strange misfortune which I'm certain must not be their fault, blogger looses my post. Today I didn't. And today, of all days, was the day that blogger lost my post. I could just scream. It was such a good post. It must be a Tuesday, I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.



But no matter. Let us try this again.





I was writing about my self imposed torture, oops, I mean no-yarn-for-me pledge. It's been two days so far and no one has been hurt. It is difficult though, especially when you consider my morning routine is to drink my (very delicious) coffee while reading blogs, etsy, ravelry and the like. If you think it's difficult, under normal circumstances, not to buy every beautiful thing I see. You should see how difficult it is when I prohibit myself from buying these things. Prohibition seems to increase desire.



It always amazes me how many people add to the overall beauty of the world by creating yarn (and yarn related things). Take See Jayne Knit, perhaps my favorite dyer of all times, for example. She has just come out with a new sock yarn, Canadian Maple. It would make the most perfect fall socks. I would have snapped it up in an instant, if not for my no-yarn-for-me pledge.



But there is nothing in my pledge that denies me from entering contests to win yarn. It simply prevents me from spending money on yarn. I was delighted when I saw that HollYarns is having a contest. You can enter too. If you do, you can mention that I sent you. That way I get an extra chance to win some yarn and you have the opportunity to do your good deed for the day.





That's enough about yarn for now. In my last attempt to post on my blog (darn you blogger - I know you are a free service, but do better, will you.) I had a brilliant segway from yarn to knitting. But sadly, it's gone now. This will have to suffice.





The day after I cast off my handspun Montego Bay Scarf, the weather turned warm. It's always that way here. It rains the last two weeks of August, and gets obscenely hot starting the first Tuesday of September for a few weeks. But the moment the weather turns cool again, that scarf is going round my neck so I can show it off to the world.



You will be happy to see, there is also handbag knitting. The bordello socks from the yarn band off Seasilk Sock yarn.



As you can see, I'm using yarn from See Jayne Knit. Now I have proof that I already love her yarn. It makes such comfortable socks.



Now it's back to the books for me. As I worked yesterday, I'm already considerably behind on my readings for class. If I get them done in time, I'll pick up the sts for my first Kauni sleeve. I cut the steek last night while watching The Last Detective, so I am curious to see how many mistakes I made due to poor lighting and inattention.



(best go make a back up copy of this before pressing 'go')

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

I feel your pain with blogger. It is so annoying.

The scarf is so pretty.

Love the new hand bag knitting. The colors are great.