Monday, October 15, 2007

seventy-nine - Party Time

Sometimes I think I must be the luckiest girl in the world.



This weekend I got to play with fiber and fiber friends. There were some old friends (for example, Shelley from Fun Knits who I haven't seen in ages was there) and some new ones (the exceptionally fun Curlysalamander among them), all of them wonderful. There was yummy food, knitting, crochet, and perhaps the most fun, albeit the oddest, party game I've ever played.



Shelley has recently finished her Kauni cardie (which is fantastic - I can only hope mine turns out half as good) and is now onto other Kauni adventures. She is knitting another sweater, this one from the top down,



and my particular favorite, and something I never would have thought of on my own: a Christmas stocking.



I am amazed by all the things one can make with this yarn, and even more in awe of Shelley's talent. She is inspiring and since that evening I have not put down my own Kauni except to eat, sleep, study and blog.



I also received a present of fiber to help me survive my no-yarn-for-me-pledge. People are so kind.





As for this party game, I would love to tell you all about it. I don't know if I am allowed to or if it is top secret until after the knitting retreat on Quadra Island. I can tell you this, if you are lucky enough to attend, then this 'retreat' will be a 'real treat' for you.



I can give you a few hints of what is in store: It involves yarn, people, knitting, co-operation, problem solving skills, and far too much laughter. I've never done anything quite like it before. If we are very lucky, a photographic genius and computer guru will make a video that can go on a blog, then I can share it with you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I let the cat out of the bag...Don't link to my site if you want to be surprised about the game!

curlysalamander

TinkingBell said...

What fun - lovely yarn and fibre - lucky thing!! Have fun with the mystery game - enjoy haveing face to face fibre friends (envy!)

Fun Knits said...

You can blog about the game. I got a copy of your video and I am going to try and post that. We sure had fun didn't we. Great to see you again. Glad you could come.

~Tonia~ said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

The sweater is lovely and I love the stocking.

Miss Scarlett said...

Sounds like a great time!

I love that someone gifted you fibre - and such a lovely colour.

I was nearly sucked into the Kauni vortex when I saw Shelly's finished sweater at her blog. But reading the bare bones pattern killed it for me. I am not ready for that little support - especially when I have to cut steeks! which I have never done.