Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Something Sad

Please send your love and your prayers to one of my heroes who has recently lost her husband in a car accident. Katie is part of the Knitting Our Way to Peace movement, something I talk about at great length because I believe in it so strongly.

In honour of Katie's husband and his work as an oncologist (cancer dr.) several of us are knitting chemo caps to send to the hospital where he worked. You are more than welcome to join in on this, simply pick up some needles, some stash and pick a pattern that appeals to you. There are lots out there to choose from, but I'll give you a list to get started.

Remembrance Ribbons Hat (my personal fave.)
One Ball Really Easy Instant Chemo Cap
Helping Hat
Pi Topper Chemo Cap
Chemo Cap
Knit Chemo Cap

If none of these catch your fancy, I bet you could find something via Google. There was also one posted on knitty a while back with all sorts of lovely cables.

I'll post some more details on where to send them when I know. I think that it would be absolutely wonderful if more people would join in.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, I am so honored for you to do this. Thank you on behalf of myself and Mark. He always knew how special knitting was to me, and I talked often of the "power" of the knit. Knitters are an amazing bunch.I have also spoken to his nurse at the hospital about this. We cried. Thank you Raven and please privately email if you need info, etc. ok???

~Tonia~ said...

How sad. My heart goes out to her.

Miss Scarlett said...

Goodness - that is too sad.

What a lovely gesture you are extending.