Thursday, November 01, 2007

eighty-six

Well the exam went badly and I don't really want to talk about it. Needless to say, I feel like a bag of 'smashed assholes' as my friend says.


I did however, buy some yarn yesterday. Don't worry, I haven't fallen off the no-yarn-for-me wagon, I will use this yarn to knit a Christmas present for my grandfather (who cannot use a computer so I can share it with you as I knit). See rule four.


This yarn is Briggs Little Heritage, one of my favorite yarns of all time. It's 100% wool and 100% Canadian which makes me happy. Not only that, it's the most affordable and longest wearing wool I've come across. A fellow guild member sells it from her home as she imports it wholesale for her own use. It ended up being less than $5 per skein which is far better than the local yarn shops. Anyway, if you are interested in acquiring some Briggs Little of any variety and you live in Victoria, leave a comment with an email and I can email you her contact details.


I'm gong to make this lap blaket out of it.


I also finished my hot water cozy. Peruvian Highland Wool from elann.com in purple heather, with a simple cable pattern on the front. The pattern is my own, and I hope to write it out on my blog soon.



Spinning superwash is fun. These are going to be fantastic socks!

4 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

The Briggs yarn is very pretty. I love that color.

What a wonderful hot water bottle cozie. Looks like it will be really nice to cuddle up with.

Yay look at that spinning. It looks great!!! I am so glad that it is going so well for you.

Beth said...

I love your hot water bottle cozy! It definitely does look cozy. Have fun with it this winter! :-)

pecht@att.net said...

I love Briggs & Little yarn. Can you tell me what color Heritage you are using. It's gorgeous! Evi in Iowa

Raven said...

The colour is Red Heather. I'm glad you all like it, I hope my G'pa does as well.