Thursday, November 29, 2007

Nice Matters

Here I was going to post about rabbits, but my email inbox this morning found something far more interesting.





Tonia of Knits Galore nominated me for the Nice Matters award. It's an award for “Those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration.Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. ”







That's exactly what Trampled by Geese is suppose to be about. It's a place where I can record the good things in my life (and the occasional rant about the postal system) and share them with others. Even the title is a reminder to myself to look for the goodness in other other people and the bright side of the different situations that life throws at me. I'm not perfect, but I'm working on it.




I wish I could nominate Tonia back, she such an inspiration. But I'm suppose to choose seven other people who inspire me and whose blog are nice. Please note this is not an exclusive list, there are so many wonderful people out there, if I tried to nominate them all, I would be here for years.




So here we have it, in roughly reverse alphabetical order:




Wool Crazy in Ottawa

Tinkingbell

The Wild and the Wooly

Tea Leaves

Schrodinger Knits

KnittnFool




I say, if I had to pick just one blog, I would say Knitting Our Way to Peace, created by the ever wonderful Hanane and Katie would be the poster child for this award. They are both very supportive individuals and their blog has inspired a large group of us on Ravelry to do our bit to promote peace, understanding, and knitting around the world.

3 comments:

KnittyNancy said...

Thanks for your great comments on the scarf I knitted for Beth.

Congratulations on your "Nice Matters" Award!

TinkingBell said...

Wow thank you!!!! What can I say - I am so happy that you have nominated be - and sad that I can't nominate you back!!! You richly deserve this - congratulations! (I look forward to your blog and its very high fibre content each day!!!

~Tonia~ said...

Thanks for the kind comments. You definitely deserve the award.