Friday, November 16, 2007

ninety-two

I can be very shy at times, especially when overwhelmed with new and exciting things. Take the guild meeting for example: There are so many different kinds of people with such amazing talent. I think I must seem the odd duck, I'm so new at all this. I know a little bit about spinning, but that is only because I have such a great instructor and the most wonderful spinning group to encourage me. When it comes to weaving, I doubt I could tell a warp from a weft to save my life.



I feel very fortunate to be permitted the opportunity to spend time among such knowledgeable people. But, I think I feel a little intimidated as well. I know I'm learning, but it feels like it will be a lifetime before I'm good enough to display something in show and tell.



I'm happy for the opportunity to give something back. I got to make tea for everyone, some thing I excel at in my daily life, but have never done on mass before. The opportunity to give something back helped me feel more comfortable, even if it's only tea.



I don't know if it is usual to feel this way. Maybe I am just an odd bird. But these days I'm an odd bird who can make sock'ish yarn, and that's good enough for me.



Marco Polo Update: Procrastination = knitting

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Yay for procrastination knitting. ;)

I am sure that they were happy with your gift of tea. If everyone knew about or had the same talent the world would be a boring place.