Saturday, December 29, 2007

and created art

I told you the other day that House Guest (HG) and I were working on a project together. Well, I've finally had the right light to take photos of our creations.






We thought that adding some artwork to the walls would liven up the place a bit. I had been planning this for some time, (shh.... don't tell HG) ever since I heard that HG was coming to visit. She has a great eye for colour and composition, much better than myself, and I thought that I should take advantage of her talents. She didn't seem to mind and it was great fun working on these pictures together. It was really quite simple once we got started. We took some bits of fabric that I had laying around and created art. How cool is that?


In other news, HG is also responsible for me buying more yarn. You see, she gave me this really awesome book for Christmas with all these adorable little crochet animals in it and instructions on how to make them. It's a Japanese style book translated into English, so you know it's going to be cute as.... To make a long story short, even though I don't crochet much, they were too adorable not to make. I accidentally bought the yarn needed to make them. I don't know how to justify this slip in regards to the rules of my yarn fast, but I'll think of something, I'm sure.


But how can you resit these little guys? Honestly?

7 comments:

teabird said...

those are awesome little sheep.... it would be criminal NOT to make them.

TinkingBell said...

Soooooo cute!!! Maybe 'Yarn bought for animals is not actual yarn'? Love the art work!

Anonymous said...

How cute! What is the book?

Miss Scarlett said...

I love your made art! It is really cool.

And those sheepies are adorable - of course you had to get the yarn for them. How could you not?

Holly said...

Way too cute. Perhaps yarn bought with a guest doesn't count. That would work for me, because my sister is coming tomorrow, and has asked to go to the yarn store.

Holly said...

Which book?

Those are cute enough to make me suffer through cr*chet!

~Tonia~ said...

Love the pictures.