Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Holidays to all.

The Contest ends tomorrow at midnight.




Christmas Eve is a day for me to do what I love best.


After sleeping in a little bit and drinking my yummy, yummy coffee, I baked goodies for the evening.


Mincemeat tarts and cheese biscuits, both very old family recipes and a holiday tradition.


Then, come early afternoon, we packed up all the goodies (including the plumb pudding I made a couple of weeks ago, now well soaked in rum) and went to my G'pas house where we cooked, played cards, and exchanged gifts with my G'pa, my brother, and his wife. I think my G'pa liked the Hemlock Ring blanket. I hope he did. I told him that washing instructions were to give it to me to be washed. I wouldn't want for my poor grandfather, in his ninetieth year, to go through the sort of trouble it takes to block that blanket.


I think Christmas eve is my favorite time of year. I don't really care about the presents, although I did receive this very lovely scarf from my brother and my sister-in-law. What I really enjoy is the chance to gather around me the people I care about most in the world and to feed them. There is something so comforting in feeding people good food. It's one of my most favorite things. The holidays provide a great excuse to do this and with a little bit of practice, and a whole lot of forethought, you can feed all sorts of people relatively stress free. Needless to say, it's been a good Christmas so far.



I also did some of my 'swatch' for the sweater I'm designing. I did the swatch in the round like how I would do a hat, only a bit smaller. It looks good so far, I really like how the colours contrast each other. Next comes the math part. Thank goodness for Elizabeth Zimmermann and Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts, both of which have great books for designing sweaters.



Happy Holidays to all. I wish everyone, be you Christian or of another faith, a happy day filled with good things, family, fun, and many acts of yarn related kindness.

4 comments:

teabird said...

I wish the same for you - health, happiness, peace, and yarn!

TinkingBell said...

Merry Christmas - and thanks for making 2007 such a great year - Christmas is about family and that's the best bit (though I do like the food too!)

Miss Scarlett said...

Sounds like a perfect evening to me!

Your mincemeat tarts look so very yummy. Mmmmm....

~Tonia~ said...

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas. I agree about Christmas being the time to spend with family and friends. We had the best time this year watching James.

Love the colors of the sweater to be.