Sunday, December 23, 2007

I've lost the label

ETA: I forgot to mention, the contest is open until Boxing Day. Now, back to our regularly scheduled post:




Very cute little sock for my friend Curlysalamander. The pattern is in the book Last-Minute Knitted Gifts and I used Briggs & Little singles yarn (I think it's called sport, but I've lost the labels).


The book says it takes less than two hours to make, I did it in just over one, with another 10 minutes of finishing by sewing in the ends. I supposed I could have knit it faster, but I was hosting a dinner party at the time so I wasn't really focused on my knitting. That would explain why I fudged my way through the heel, but I doubt many people will be wearing this itty-bitty-way-too-cute sock.


Anyway, it's just a wee little token to say thank you for a lovely afternoon. Thank you Curleysalamander. (Is it just me or does she remind anyone else of dancing? There is something in the way that she moves which is very light and joyful. I think that she would make a good dancer.)

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Adorable little sock. I am sure that she loved it.