Friday, December 21, 2007

No matter, I'll think of something

If you are here for the Contest, it's here and it's still open. It's off to a good start, but I think we could use a few more contestants.



Now that I've reached 100 on my completely arbitrary numbering system, I'm not certain what to title my blog posts. I could try the alphabet thing, something like "A, aardvark" "AB, a small buzzing insect that makes honey"... (okay, not my joke, think Black Adder, that's a great show.) No matter, I'll think of something. Probably random phrases from the blog entry itself.


I've been cleaning house preparing for our guest's arrival. I received some boxes from a fibre friend this week, so I took the entire stash out from under my bed and everywhere else it has spread to (a daunting experience) and sorted through it (an even more daunting experience). What I can say here is thank goodness for Ravelry and their stash feature.


For those of you who aren't 'in' Ravelry yet, the stash feature lets you organize your yarn stash online by taking photos of your yarn, typing in a few key bits of info like make, amount, colour and dye lot, and then you can look at it when ever you want to. The theory is if you are away from home, you can check to see if you have that particular yarn or if you need to buy more. I'm certain there are other things you can do with this, but I haven't quite figured it out yet. It was quite a bit of fun taking photos of yarn and putting them in the computer thing. It's a good excuse to play with your stash.


The majority of my yarn now fits snugly in these two boxes, and most (well.... some really) of my spinning fibre now lives in a suitcase. I fear though, my stash is not decreasing, despite my yarn fast. Have you ever seen the Star Trek show with the Tribbles? That is what my room/life is beginning to feel like, only with yarn. At least you can knit yarn, and you can't do that with tribbles, so I'm content.


I'm off to work this morning, then it's a mad dash around town to get everything done today as our House Guest arrives tomorrow.


1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

I so need to organize my stash again. I would love to put it all into Ravelry, but I might be ashamed to. ;)