Saturday, December 15, 2007

Party Hardy and exams







I'm happy to tell you that the exams are over, at least for now. There will be more to come soon, I'm certain of it, but not this month. From now on in, this month is for having fun.




Speaking of fun, I had two parties during my exams: one for work, one for the guild. Both of them were fantastic (I also knit during both, tee hee).




Here is my sock at the pub during the work party.




There was much drinking, but lucky for me, my sock stayed sober. I'm not the only one who can knit at my workplace. Egg Man (as he wishes to be known) had knit his own vest and it is simply fantastic.




The back is laced up with hemp and it looks amazing too. We just love our Egg Man, he's such a happy addition to our workplace.




All in all, I think I have some of the best co-workers in the world. We are all so distinctly different from each other, but that's what makes this particular workplace so invigorating.




Now for the Guild potluck party.




We were suppose to bring our own place setting, of course, mine is quite sparse, but take a look at this one. Here is a person who knows how to bring some holiday cheer to a place setting.




There were gifts for a white elephant exchange. It was so funny and the most popular gifts were, you guessed it, fibre.




Here's my sock next to HM's fish that she got in the exchange. I think it suits here, it matches her skirt.




The one sock exchange was a hit. There were so many different socks. I especially liked these ones (I secretly coveted them) but I got a pretty snazzy sock with some great colours. I've never knit with this yarn before, so it will be exciting to watch the colours automatically change.




That's my current WIP getting to know my new one sock.




Oh yes, and in case you didn't click on the link to the free pattern, here's the sock I knit for the exchange. I think it turned out quite nice. In the end, for me, it was more exciting to see all the different styles of socks than it was actually knitting my own. Definitely something I'll participate in next year.




Well, I'm tuckered out. It's been a rather busy week for me and I have a day of relaxation (and maybe a bit of holiday shopping) before things get crazy again around here. More than anything, I am looking forward to catching up on every one's blogs. I've been remiss while the exams loomed, but now that they have passed, I can't wait to go a-blogging.




Thanks to everyone who commented on my Holiday Hemlock. You people really are the best, you know that don't you? I'm working on the destash contest, I'll have it up soon.


5 comments:

TinkingBell said...

Good to see socks getting to know each other (I would have covetde the other sock too!) Love the Eggman and his vest! Wish I could get husby to nit (except then he'd steal the stash...) Looks as if they were both fun parties! -Compliments of the Season to ya!

teabird said...

Love the stripey sock!

Miss Scarlett said...

What fun!

The sock you designed is so cute - I love those little candy canes. Clever lady you are.

Miss Scarlett said...

Oh - and Egg Man's vest is delightful - what a fun way to string it together.

Truly unique.

~Tonia~ said...

Sounds like a great time.