Monday, January 14, 2008

Alright, I admit it, I bought yarn, again.

Alright, I admit it, I bought yarn, again.



I was weak. I've been ill the last week or so. Bed ridden even. Too ill to even knit. Things are getting better now. It does explain the lack of blogging though.



On my first trip out into the real world to try and get my strength up after almost a week in bed and I decide the yarn shop is just the place for me. Yarn shops can be magical. And why not? They are full of yarn after all. To make a long story short, this isn't all the yarn I bought. This yarn isn't even for me, it's for gift knitting. The other yarn, well, that is for me. I admit it. The people who work at the Boutique De Laine (ravelry link) were so nice, and the yarn so dazzling - I bought other yarn. I bought sale yarn. I couldn't resit their charm.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Feel better Raven. :( Yarn for spirit-lifting purposes seems entirely justifiable. Call it a medical excuse. ;)

Michael said...

yeah, that sale yarn is dangerous... (I bought yarn today, shhhh)

Brenda said...

Sorry to hear you've been too sick to knit, that's no fun at all. Hope you're feeling a lot better too, I agree, yarn buying seems VERY justifiable.

I haven't been to Boutique du laine before, will have to check it out on my next trip to Victoria, whenever that may be. I thought I was going to get to go down for work at the end of the month, but no such luck.

Holly said...

Too sick to knit justifies a purchase. Esp. on sale. Glad you're feeling better.