Thursday, January 10, 2008

Distaff Day

The Distaff Day event (based on Distaff Day) hosted by the Tzouhalem Spinners and Weavers Guild will be this Saturday. Sadly I cannot attend. But if you are on the Island, the event is at St John's Church Hall in Duncan. It's a pot-luck lunch and everyone brings their wheels or spindles and $3 donation to help pay for the hall, and has a wonderful spinning time. I'm told this is an amazing event. It's exactly the kind of thing I would love to spend my Saturday doing with exactly the kinds of people I would enjoy getting to know better. I've already blocked the day off for next year so that nothing can get in the way of me attending next year's Distaff Day.

I hope everyone enjoys themselves this year. Take photos. Lots of lovely photos. And have fun.

No comments: