Thursday, January 24, 2008

I also bought myself a book and some fabric.

The Kitting blog contest is here (click)!



My pillow is coming along fantastic. I think I'll frog it.



Well, maybe I won't frog it just yet. I want it to be longer and narrower. I will knit from the other end and see how much yarn I have. Then if I need to frog the body, I will. I hate frogging but I want perfection. The yarn is perfect; the colour, perfect; the texture and stitch pattern, perfect; now I just want the shape to match. I'm not getting anal am I?





I also bought myself a book and some fabric.



After seeing Y's success with the sewing machine, I've decided this is the year when I will learn how to sew. There are some really easy patterns in this book. Easy like place mats. I've never made place mats before, I think I'll start there. It also encourages me to clean up my mess so that I can actually get at the sewing machine. That part, I think, will be the biggest challenge.





Today I cuddled up on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, with my tea and home made granola, reading my philosophy text. All the windows were wide open to try and get the (minus 1 degree Celsius) air moving through the house so that the book wouldn't bother me so much. I managed about four pages then I was all in for the day.

ETA: took out the rant about soy. It wasn't in keeping with the cheerful attitude I'm trying for.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I have those book darts. Just needed to share :-). I'm planning on doing more sewing this year. I have sewn before, but not since DS came home, at least not much, and that was 4 years ago!

Anonymous said...

I've been blog-stalking for the last couple of weeks and I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a really rough time with the allergies.

I hope that you are able to find out what it is, and able to get compassionate leeway in your courses for being behind in readings as I imagine you must be. I wonder if you would be able to get some of your novels or the like as book on tapes?

As an aside, I also have those book darts. I so wish that I had had them in university!!

:) Legerdemain/Jennifer

Nat said...

Check this animation out:
http://craftydaisies.com/2007/04/17/so-thats-how-it-works/

I've been wondering that ever since I first used a sewing machine. :)