Monday, January 28, 2008

It's like the next big knitting fix

Here for the Contest? It's still on and awaiting your participation. Click here, and it will take you right to it.

If my contest isn't enough for you, then check out this link. Mmmmmm..... look at all that lovely yarn.



I'm beginning to suspect that I'm one of those extreme knitters. I have lots of projects on the go at any given time, but I'm always on the look out for the next big fix.

My brother is a bit like that when it comes to climbing mountains. He even has a cliff named after him. Yet still, he is always looking for the next difficult climb, the next highest peak, or the next great cliff to conquer. He's like that with skiing, with scuba diving, and with cycling. I'm a bit like that with yarn.

I was drinking my morning coffee and reading blogs (my morning ritual) when I stumbled on this entry. Now I need a new vest. I even have some yarn in my stash reserved just for vest making. I've even done all the math and designed myself a nifty little v-neck vest based on the Yarn Harlot one row handspun scarf stitch pattern. I just have to get around to knitting it. But when I saw this new vest, especially when I clicked on the pattern link (pdf), I wanted to make it in the worst possible way. The vest itself is very nice, but what I think really captivates me is the idea of knitting a pattern that is written entirely in Japanese. It's like the next big knitting fix or the next highest climb.

I'm not going to do anything about it just yet. I'll see if I can figure out what kind of yarn it takes. If the pattern can be modified to take Briggs Little (aka. the world's most affordable yarn), then I might buy some yarn for it (Yes, I know, what about the yarn fast? I've been wondering that too.). But not just yet as I still have to finish The Sweater, two pairs of socks, the pillow, the adorable little crochet sheep, Jenshine's birthday present, and I'm certain there are one or two other projects around the house somewhere.

1 comment:

TinkingBell said...

Aaah that Rav queue just gets longer and longer - unfortunately thinags actually take time to knit!! _ Who'd a thunk it? Sounding better still! Love the link to the pile'o'yarn contest - beeeeautiful!